38th meeting of the EPSU Standing Committee on National and European Administration
23 October 2012
EESC, Room VM3 – 2, rue van Maerlant - 1040 Brussels
This is to invite you to the 38th meeting of the Standing Committee on National and European Administration.
The meeting will take place in Brussels, at the European Economic and Social Committee, room VM3, 2, rue van Maerlant on 23 October 2012.
It will start at 09:00 and end at 17:00 at the latest.
An area map is enclosed for information.
Interpretation has been requested to and from French, English, German, Italian, Spanish: and Swedish. We have also requested the possibility to speak in but not listen to Danish, Portuguese and Greek.
We expect participating unions to cover all travel and subsistence costs of their representatives.
Committee members from EU countries and EU applicant countries under 100% on the ‘5 band’ index, are referred to the attached ‘rules governing financial assistance’.
Should you require accommodation, a list of hotels offering preferential tariffs to the EPSU/ETUC is attached.
A first draft meeting agenda is attached.
Following NEA Vice-President Thora Petersen’s retirement last June, the 38th meeting of the Standing Committee will elect a new woman Vice-President. The NEA Presidency also recommends electing a 3rd Vice-President, please see attached Procedures for elections of president & vice-presidents in EPSU NEA Standing Committee (document available in English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish and Russian).
Last, please fill in and return the attached participation form by 4 September 2012 at the latest.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you wish to add an item on the meeting agenda, thanks.
Forthcoming NEA ( or related) events 2012:
• 18-19 September, Marseilles, France, Euromed migration project final conference
• 4-5 October – Prague – Social Dialogue project conference “Improving the image of central government administrations in Europe”
• 22 October – Brussels – SDC CGA working group meeting
• 30-31 October – Zagreb, Croatia, Anti-corruption seminar
• 12 December – Brussels – SDC CGA plenary meeting To be confirmed
• 24 October – Brussels – Embassy personnel
• 14-15 November – Cyprus – Launch of the tax justice campaign